In settlements & verdicts
Injured clients served
Years of trial experience
Top 50 Cleveland 2021 Super Lawyer
Greater Cleveland's Bike Attorney serving injured cyclists from the ground up!Learn More
MAJOR CAR CRASHES
Greater Cleveland Community Road Safety Advocate protects those seriously injured in car crashes.Learn More
Greater Cleveland Bike Safety Lawyer who advocates for families of cyclists who lost their lives due to a careless driver.Learn More
What makes Attorney Ken Knabe a "True Bicycle Attorney"?
An Experienced Cyclist
Ken is an experienced avid Cyclist who knows bikes: how we ride, where we ride, and why we ride! Don't settle for an imitator!
Vision Zero (VZ) Cleveland Subcommittee Chair (VZ is designed to reduce to zero all serious accidents and deaths on our roads).
2021 Highest Legal Ability & Ethical Standards rating & 2022 Ohio "Super Lawyer" - Top 50 Cleveland.
Ken sits on the Boards of the Ohio Bicycling Federation (OBF) and Ohio to Erie Trail (OTET).
Guardian of Transportation Award winner from Bike Cleveland.
Author & Lecturer
Author of “Cycling Rights: Bicycles, E-Bikes & Micro-Mobility Devices”. Ken also regularly gives Bike Safety Talks at local Bike Clubs & Organizations.
I was riding my bike and was hit from behind by a driver who was texting! I hired bike attorney, Ken Knabe, who came highly recommended. He came to my house and photographed and videoed my bicycle damage and injuries which proved very valuable when it came time to settle. He sent me to a professional photographer to clearly identify my wounds and the resultant scarring. He kept in contact with me; and he and his team put together a great settlement package which helped resolve my claims without a lawsuit. I was very happy with the settlement and his aggressive approach to unsafe drivers who are texting and injuring us cyclists. I highly recommended him.
WHO WE ARE
Greater Cleveland's Highly Qualified Attorney serving bicyclists injured in bike crashes caused by unsafe drivers.
2021 Knabe Law Firm Wrap-Up: HIGHLIGHTS!
Another exciting year promoting safe, legal cycling…
* Bicycle Friendly Business Silver designation 2021-2025 by League of American Bicyclists (one of only two law firms in Ohio, joining international Cleveland based Squire Patton Boggs!)
* 8/29/21 Bike Cleveland Fundo Powered by Knabe Law Firm
* Vision Zero Cleveland: Co-Chair, Maintenance & Vehicle Fleet Subcommittee
* Board Member: Ohio Bicycling Federation (OBF) & Ohio to Erie Trail (OTET)
* Bike Cleveland website: Bikes & the Law co-author
* 2021 Highest Legal Ability & Ethical Standards rating
* 2022 Ohio “Super Lawyer” – Top 50 in Cleveland
MEDIA! Featured in:
* Cincinnati Enquirer/cincinnati.com: Ken's adventures riding the Ohio to Erie Trail (OTET)
* Cleveland.com: Ken and John Pana’s adventurous (and safe!) bike ride in the Cleveland Metroparks
* CoolCleveland: Cycling Safety
* Lakewood Public Library's Virtual Author series
* Cleveland Law Library/Cleveland Public Library: “Cycling Rights” book
* “Cycling Rights” donations to Bike Cleveland + NEO bike shops. Available: HERE
Successfully represented/resolved claims for injured cyclists from Cleveland, Lakewood, Rocky River, Bay Village, Middleburg Heights, Euclid, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Warrensville Heights, Solon, Akron, and Painesville. Further info on klfohio.com/Testimonials & see 5-Star reviews on Google, which include:
* “Mr. Knabe is a true cyclist…knows what fellow cyclists face on busy streets…he will work for you. The only thing I had to worry about was recovering from my injuries.” – Pamela E. Thomas-Myers
* “Ken’s approach was both professional and personal. Thank you, Ken!” – Bill Burnard
* “Ken is an undisputed authority regarding cycling law and accident litigation. Top notch!” – Stephen Tompkins
* “Super professional…Ken handled the whole process with ease.” – Ricardo Oliveira
* “Ken has got your back and is there for the cycling community. Thank Goodness! With all the “Knuckleheads” and all the circumstances we encounter just trying to enjoy our great sport. He will fight the good fight for you!” – Jeff Kompa
* “Ken worked hard to reach the desired outcome. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!” – Jessica Odoric
* Group Riding + Cycling Safety/Law tips to numerous local bike clubs in NEO
* Webinar updating fellow Ohio to Erie Trail (OTET) Board Members re. the OTET’s North Section
* Cycling Safety/Law w/ "Inspire by the Fire" by Columbus Outdoor Pursuits
* Advocate for Vulnerable Road Users (VRU)! Why? Lack of punishment for distracted driving and leaving the scene
* Establish laws: more rights for pedestrians and cyclists in crosswalks
* Passage + implementation of Vision Zero Cleveland
* Side guards required on ALL commercial vehicles contracted with the City of Cleveland