WHAT TO DO IN A BIKE ACCIDENT:
1. Police: call the police and insist on a report, no matter what!
2. Healthcare: seek immediate medical treatment for injuries.
3. Observation: get the driver’s contact and insurance info, and names of all witnesses, or make sure the police obtain this vital information.
4. Notify: call bike injury attorney (Ken 216-272-8595) BEFORE you talk to a liability adjuster. The adjusters are pros for the insurance companies – hire a pro for yourself!
5. Evidence: don’t let the at-fault party move their car or your bicycle! Keep all damaged property including bike, cracked helmet, ripped clothing and damaged accessories.
Attorney & Cyclist Kenneth Knabe: Protecting Cleveland’s Cyclists through injury representation, sponsorships, publishing, lecturing and Vision Zero safety legislation. Knabe Law Firm Co., LPA: 14222 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. Phone: 216-228-7200