What should I do if I am injured in a car accident?

Highly qualified Super Lawyer & Experienced Attorney Kenneth Knabe. Knabe Law Firm Co., LPA: 14222 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. Phone: 216-228-7200.

If you are in a car crash, you should follow these ten rules:

    1. Call the police.
    2. Make sure a police report is filed.
    3. Talk to witnesses and get their names and numbers, if possible.
    4. Call 911 if seriously injured.
    5. Take photographs of the accident scene with your cell phone camera, writing down all of the important information in it. Ask a witness to take the photos if you are unable.
    6. Document all your physical bruising, cuts, scrapes, and/or air bag deployment.
    7. Take photos of your car damage and the damage to the car that hit you, to document the impact force.
    8. Let your attorney know if any evidence exists that the driver was distracted or impaired.
    9. Obtain a copy of your police report.
    10. Contact experienced personal injury Attorney Kenneth Knabe at 216 228 7200 if you have suffered a significant injury BEFORE you talk to a liability adjuster. The adjusters are pros for the insurance agencies – hire a pro for yourself!